- Client accepts proposal provided by Southwest Marble and Granite Works.
- Client confirms material selection and has the option to select the actual granite slabs to be used (either from our slab yard or from one of our stone suppliers). Please refer to the Materials Information page for details regarding the physical and aesthetic properties of granite. If you wish to view slabs in our slab yard (other than the front slab of the bundle), please call us to make an appointment. Slabs will not be moved without an appointment.
- All layout information should be provided to us prior to the measurement date and all fixtures and appliances need to be on site at the time of measurement.
- Measurement date is scheduled.
- Please refer to the Installations and Procedures page for detailed information regarding what to expect and how to prepare for the measurement and installation of your countertops.
- Project is measured, and templated if necessary, with all fixtures on site. If measurements differ from original quote, a change order will be issued for your approval.
- Cut tickets and approval paperwork will be drawn up and issued to you for approval.
- Once we receive your approval, your job will be given an install date during our next Monday AM meeting. In some cases, such as small vanity tops or islands, you may be considered a “filler” and given a window of approximately a week in which your job will be installed.
- Fabrication will begin in our shop a few days to a week (depending on size and intricacy of job) before your scheduled installation date.
- Your stone is installed. To ensure your satisfactions, please inspect your job for quality and suitability within 10 business days and contact Southwest Marble and Granite Works with any questions or concerns.
- The project is considered complete unless an instance occurs which falls under the Ten Year Limited Warranty. For questions, concerns, or warranty claims, please contact us at your earliest convenience.